• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Microsoft manager claims Kinect will "blow away" iPad sales

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Obviously a Steve Ballmer clone this rooster! As usual MS are late out of the blocks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Microsoft has many Steve Ballmer "look a likes" on their rolls. Must be that contaminated water they drink up there in Redmond. :p

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Umm..why are they even bothering to make references to the iPad? Purely for sale numbers? I think they should try to see how well they do against Sony PS3' Motion or whatever their technology is called..

This company is coming unhinged as far as their marketing and hype goes (and they've NEVER been good at hype!)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Umm..why are they even bothering to make references to the iPad? Purely for sale numbers? I think they should try to see how well they do against Sony PS3' Motion or whatever their technology is called..

My sediment exactly ..... They need a like comparison NOT a tablet ...

Cheers

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

This company is coming unhinged as far as their marketing and hype goes (and they've NEVER been good at hype!)

Regards

Because there is deep-seated jealousy within the ranks at Microsoft, particularly toward anything made by Apple.

C

chas_m

Bottled water outsells the iPad, therefore the iPad is a flop.

That, my friends, is Microsoft Logic for ya.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Bottled water outsells the iPad, therefore the iPad is a flop.

That, my friends, is Microsoft Logic for ya.

And coke outsells bottled water and all kinds of milk. So the bottled water and milk must be a flop by the MS logic.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Apples and oranges people. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Their delusional minds will get the best of them...sooner than later.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh no. We need to keep him in there -- for as long as it takes! :D

Yes and no. Mind you having come competent competition (Which Ballmer is not) could really keep Apple on the top of their game. Cause at the moment Ive could fall asleep and the drool on his chest could be marketed better by Apple and would sell better then MS's products too.

SO if Ballmer was kicked out and was replaced by someone better I'd be sad in a way but also happy for the above said reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i doubt it, unless they came out with a tablet Nintendo Wii and had a motion eye for gaming/interaction. As far as i could remember, the new bigger DS has front facing camera? I know a rear facing one, that you can interact with in a few games.

Pretty interesting, but i would see the only POSSIBILITY is sales may not continue to go up but just taper off while the Microsoft Product is released. But thats the way it is with all products....when people want them, they get them, then after you have it, why buy another.

Sales spike from time to time...in all markets.

Thanks for the article

Reaction score
about : Microsoft manager claims Kinect will "blow away" iPad sales

Microsoft always, makes a copy the products from the competence, really I don't see any innovation on Microsoft, but Apple is a company, that I feel an admiration for the products like : iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Microsoft always, makes a copy the products from the competence, really I don't see any innovation on Microsoft, but Apple is a company, that I feel an admiration for the products like : iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc.
Why don't we just go back to the whole graphical user interface and the mouse concept! I wonder who's idea that was???

Reaction score

While that is generally true for computer products, Microsoft DID show innovation with the xbox.

Xbox Live can be praised, and for once was somewhat copied by others.

And with Kinect, they are copying an idea yes, but they're trying to take it a step further than Nintendo and Sony.

That being said, I agree that comparing Kinect to the iPad is fairly idiotic on their part.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Why don't we just go back to the whole graphical user interface and the mouse concept! I wonder who's idea that was???

Not Microsoft's or Apple's. What's your point?

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

And take a step backwards to outdated technology? I don't think so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
My point was that Microsoft did not invent this technology, they "borrowed" from another computer manufacturer. I was not implying that we should literally go back to using that original technology now... that would just be stupid!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.