connect360 issue

Reaction score
hi all!
i would like to stream my imac videos to my xbox360 wirelessly using connect360. the problem is, that the software does not see the xbox. any ideas?

xbox network settings are all set to automatic.
no firewall on the mac

thanks for reading
markus

OP
Reaction score
thanks for helping !!!
i managed to resolve the problem - well, sort of. in fact i did not change the settings at all. for some strange reason it took the imac some 2 hours to find the xbox360 under the connect360 "discovered devices" tab.
i would be very interested to find out why. in this respect i also observe that the imac takes a very long time to show my windows7 machine on the network and vice versa. i figure it must be a router problem.
however, i do not know which one :)
looking forward to your replies
markus

Reaction score
I have connect 360, but rivet is 10 times better. You can pick a lot of different folders and use aperture etc.

Reaction score
I don't know exactly, so just check ll your setings and FireWall.
Here one man's setting and a ling, where you can find detail information step by step how to connect your xbox to Mac.
But in fact I think you just miss smth with your Firewall.
I'll try to find else solution if it still doesn't work correctly.

You must first go into System Preferences > Sharing and enable internet sharing.
Then, if you want to, disable your firewall (System Preferences > Security > Firewall). If my firewall was not disable XBox Live gave me a NAT error, but still let me connect.
Network Settings:
Manual IP/Manual DNS
IP Address: 192.168.2.2*
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1*
Primary DNS: 192.168.2.1**
Secondary DNS: 192.168.2.1**
*Run “ifconfig en0″ in the Terminal, use the IP address returned after “inet”. I’ve been told that it’s always 192.168.2.1, but I’m not sure. For “IP Address”, add 1 to this number, for “Gateway”, use the number.
** This is the same number returned using “ifconfig en0″. Others have said to use the DNS of the ISP or the router, this has never worked for me. Instead, using the IP of the Mac did.

and a link Share Your Mac’s Wireless Airport Network Connection With Your XBox 360

Write if your need smth else. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.