Battery drained overnight?

Reaction score
Hi all:

I unplugged my fully-charged early 2008 Macbook Pro (with its original battery) last night to watch a TV show in bed. Closed the computer, put it on my bedside table, and when I woke up, the battery was completely drained! It appears to be holding a slight charge now, though it looks like it drains very quickly after unplugging it from the adaptor. I know batteries die, but it seems odd to me that it might have happened overnight? The only other thing I can think of is that I'm in Europe with a US adaptor, using a plug adaptor, though I was told I don't need to use a converter...

Any thoughts? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Being in Europe makes no difference. Apple computers are designed to work world wide. The only thing you might have to do is purchase an AC plug adapter.

Your battery is likely gone. Batteries have a way of failing unexpectedly. Ever have a battery go out on your auto? Enough said. Replace the battery, but be sure to buy a genuine Apple battery or a good replacement. Avoid the cheap knock offs found on eBay and elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.