• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Application Process

Reaction score
Hello. :)

I'm new here and I need a bit of help. I hope this isn't against any rules. I did read them before posting.

Someone I know is trying to apply for the Apple store in Boston. So far, he's been the follow stages:

1. Hiring seminar
2. Interview
3. 2 minute vid on why he should be hired
4. Another interview

We are wondering how many more stages there are, and how many people he's up against at this point. Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?

Thanks for any help in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?

Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick

I did try a search, but didn't find anything of real use. It seems nobody has made a thread that far along the process. Most of them are just about resumes, or general questions about working there.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Ok, where do people find out about these hiring fairs/seminars? I need a seasonal job!!

Well, I just went to the initial seminar yesterday. I was contacted by an Apple Store manager via e-mail because I had applied online a couple of times before. Just go to apple.com/jobs/ and apply for all the positions you are interested in.

To answer part of the OP's questions, they basically bring in employees and managers from whatever stores are in your area or state. So they're hiring several positions at once and there was about 30 or 40 applicants in the room. You listen to some stuff about what it's like to work for Apple and watch a few short video presentations about the company and about working there. They ask a lot of questions so be prepared for those lame H.R. "When were you in this position and what did you do to resolve it?" questions. Ahh, I hate those! Most of all, show lots of energy and interest in Apple. You don't necessarily have to have experience with Macs or iPods, just an interest or passion for Apple as a company.

The seminar went well and I've been invited back for a second interview on Friday. They called me a couple of hours after the thing was over, which from what I've heard is pretty common.

I'll update on Friday if I get any further.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Friday's interview went really well (or so I thought). Interviewed with 2 different managers for about 20 minutes each. One focused on job history and personality questions. The other focused on knowledge of technical specs/info. I got a lot of positive responses from both managers for almost all of my answers. I don't know - maybe I was just up against a lot of better-qualified individuals.
Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/

Congrats on giving it a shot!:) "Nothing tried...nothing gained" as they say.

Hopefully next time you'll get the position!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Wow, I always wondered what people who became part of the Apple team had to go through to get there. Now I know....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.