iMac with surround sound?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I have a 27 inch iMac C2D and watch a lot of movies because the screen is so great. I was thinking about buying speakers or attempting some sort of surround sound. Any recommendations? With the one output I don't know if there is a way to get any great quality?(compared to the internal speakers)
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Feeding the audio from your iMac to a home theatre amplifier (preferably wired) and speakers would do the job.

What brand? Wow, there's so much choice. How much money do you want to spend? I know JVC, Panasonic and Pioneer are favoured brands here. If I had the money to spend, I'd go the JVC way (I love their speakers).

Mac sound is good, but it isn't great through internal speakers. Which is why I set up an external audio system, Mac > Aiwa > Technics (spkrs). Works really well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.