Can't update after reinstall

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a problem.
I have reinstalled my mackbook and now I can't update anything anymore..

It's really anoying because I just bought a iphone and now I cant use it....

I hope you can help me and sorry for my bad english ;)

Thanks already,
Bart ;)

Reaction score
There is some article for simillar problems and Your in case.

It may happen that after you reinstall Mac OS (including the command "Archive and Install"), you can not open an application or files if you have not updated the version of Mac OS X to the one you previously used, or to a newer. Council. If the hard drive of your computer only one volume, and after reinstalling the operating system you use "Erase and Install", then this problem does not arise.

You may encounter the following problems:

A document or file does not open the attachment or in the version of the application, in which, as you think it should open. As a result, there are other problems. For example, when you open the disk image file (. Dmg or. Img) command "Copy disc", this command may unexpectedly quit.
The application can not call. It does not work double click on the application. The application may briefly appear and immediately disappear, may unexpectedly quit or not to respond to user actions (crash or hang). For example, after the team "Archive and Install" application Safari can refuse to work.
Products that have this problem arises
Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.3, Mac OS X 10.2, Mac OS X 10.1, Mac OS X 10.0, Mac OS X 10.5
Solution
First, you need to upgrade the operating system Mac OS X to the version that was installed on your computer before reinstalling, or to a later version. See "Mac OS X 10.2: table of available software updates Mac OS" or "Mac OS X 10.3: table of available software updates Mac OS".

Council. If you downloaded the manual install updates Mac OS X, but they could not install because the installer does not work, you can try to drag the file to the installation package (. Pkg) for the installation program. The installer can be found in the folder "Utilities", which is located in the folder "Applications" (/ Applications / Utilities /). Other tips can be found in this document.

Secondly, if the applications that stopped working before installing updates, you may need to re-install these updates. Usually update Apple applications can be found in the "Update" (for the operating system Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4 or later, choose Software Update command in the menu ... Apple). Updates to applications developed by third parties, usually can be found at these companies.

Council. If you are not yet ready to ensure that the update program, and when you double click an expected version of the application is not open, you can drag a document to the desired application icon, which is located in / Applications or / Applications / Utilities (on the boot volume). Or you can find a file search program and choose Open With from the File menu.

If the problem persists, you need to reinstall the application.

Additional information
Operating System Mac OS X automatically searches for the latest version of the application, which is the default for this type of document. If it is found later, then it will be used, which may also be the cause of the problem.

Example 1. You moved to the earlier version by running the "Archive and Install", but had not made the upgrade to a later version of Mac OS X. In the folder "Previous Systems" are more recent versions of applications that can also be the cause of the problem.

Example 2. Perhaps software developers or system administrators have installed several versions of Mac OS X for testing. The problem can occur if you install a later version of Mac OS X on one volume to run an older version that is on another volume.

Many of Apple's applications are not self-sufficient, but depend on the "medium". If the environment uses multiple applications, it is outside the application. For example, many applications Apple, which create a Web page or other HTML-content using environment "WebKit". This environment is used, for example, applications Safari, Mail, Help Viewer, Software Update and Installer. Wednesday WebKit is stored in the folder / System / Library / Frameworks / WebKit.framework /.

Some versions of the applications work only with specific versions of the medium. When installing a new version of the application may be installed and a new version of the medium. Sometimes when you install software updates Mac OS X installed and a newer version of the application. If you later reinstall the version of Mac OS X or run the command "Archive and Install", then the newer versions of applications will continue, but will install older versions of the medium. The easiest way to solve this problem is to re-execute previously made an application or upgrade the operating system. If not, you should delete the malfunctioning application and re-install the application or operating system upgrade Mac OS X, which was established earlier

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.