2G 8GB vs 3G 8GB

Reaction score
I have read that the 3G 8GB is like the 2nd Gen but since they release a 8GB 3G then there must be some difference from the 8GB 2G.

What's the difference?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
The one I know about (and I am sure there are more) is that even though you can put iOS 4.2 on a 2nd generation iPod Touch, it will not do multi-tasking. This requires a 3rd or 4th generation iPod Touch.

OP
C
Reaction score
The one I know about (and I am sure there are more) is that even though you can put iOS 4.2 on a 2nd generation iPod Touch, it will not do multi-tasking. This requires a 3rd or 4th generation iPod Touch.

I think, even the 3G 8GB won't be able to do multitasking as it is actually the 2nd Gen.
Right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I think, even the 3G 8GB won't be able to do multitasking as it is actually the 2nd Gen.
Right?
That I don't know, but here is the way to tell straight from the Apple's mouth --
The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.