Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

Reaction score
hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.

2. what's a good keyboard protection cover that doesn't stand out too much and at the same time not blocking the led backlit.

3. should i get a screen protector? if yes. which one would you guys recommend?

that's all i can think of for now. much appreciated for any hints and tips. cheers!

p.s. how the heck do i get rid of the string or identification thing i need to type in every time make a reply or post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.

OP
K
Reaction score
1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.

hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Did you click "remember me?"
Are you logging out each time, or just closing your browser?
If you have clicked remember me, and you are just closing your browser, I'm not sure why you are having problems.
I just tried signing in on all my browsers, and had no problems.
I'm sure someone will come along with an answer soon, that I'm for some reason not thinking of right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.

I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well :)

Cheers

Ah ha.... rings a bell mate
Must be a case of my memory going as my grey hairs multiply :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
K
Reaction score
lol in that case i'm gonna post away!

btw, i'm looking at apple care coverage for macbook pro 15inch on ebay for 130 bucks. are these for real?

Edit 2. finally got the macbook, fedex really is better than ups! ordered it yesterday before i left for class around 11ish, got it today at 11 on the dot! now that's shipping under 24 hours!
P1020503.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.

Something seems odd here. You claimed that you upgraded from a late 2008 macbook on one of your other posts. Shouldn't you already know this answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.