Problems after upgrading?

Reaction score
Hello all, first post here and I hope someone can help with this problem. I have an older powerbook G4 that I just upgraded to 1GB memory, the processor is 1GHz. I upgraded to Leopard 10.5 and that is where the problems begin.

Before I upgraded I copied my itunes and iphotos to an external hard drive, now after installing the Leopard when I try to open iphoto is tells me "The application has quit unexpectedly"? When I try to relaunch nothing happens. I know the photo albums are still on the hard drive as I've opened them.

So my question is by upgrading to Leopard, do I now have to upgrade iPhoto and if so, is there a free download for it? I really don't need the Life09 program.

Also I was trying to free up some space by moving iphoto & itunes to the external hard drive to make the system move a bit quicker, but when I deleted a few songs from the Powerbook hard drive it also deleted them from the external drive? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Version of iPhoto you have now is _____ .

I imagine that the Apple web site could answer the compatibility question.

I have OS 10.5.8 and iPhoto 7.1.5

OP
G
Reaction score
Wow, looks like I have the 2.0.1 version. Looks like I have some catching up to do, even though I was quite happy with what I had!

I guess I should look and see if it's possible to download a newer version.

Reaction score
Anytime you do any OS updates or install new Apps its a good idea to run repair permissions..can prevent future problems. And Welcome to the forum.

OP
G
Reaction score
Mac SK, you have got me on that one? I don't know enough to even know how to start "repair permissions". Where would I find it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Allications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.