• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Devil

Reaction score
Soooo, anybody going to watch Devil this Weekend? I'm probably not going to watch it although I'm always curious to hear how people respond to M. Night.

For some reason, I think the twist is going to be the people on the elevator are safe while the end of the world is happening on the outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"Macbook Pro,2.66GHz i7, 8GB DDR3, 256GB Solid State Drive//iPod touch//64GB 3G iPad,
hmm

Previews seemed interesting until they said it was PG13. Could be another Village. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
IMO, It looks like another weak attempt from Hollywood, trying to create something rivetting and original... Reminds me of Quarantine, but instead of some infectuous disease, it's the devil.

I generally wait for the movie to be released and rent it first. Theater prices are too high.. I took my ex on a date about a month ago, and it cost me almost $50 for the 2 of us to see some flick.. Rediculous!

Reaction score
Soooo, anybody going to watch Devil this Weekend? I'm probably not going to watch it although I'm always curious to hear how people respond to M. Night.

For some reason, I think the twist is going to be the people on the elevator are safe while the end of the world is happening on the outside.

I think you're right about the twist being in the elevator, you see a room of people in one scene and in another just two. The previews do look good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro

I would, but I am headed to Green Bay for the Packer home opener instead. Yes, I know that is completely irrelevant. Go Pack!

OP
T
Reaction score
IMO, It looks like another weak attempt from Hollywood, trying to create something rivetting and original... Reminds me of Quarantine, but instead of some infectuous disease, it's the devil.

I generally wait for the movie to be released and rent it first. Theater prices are too high.. I took my ex on a date about a month ago, and it cost me almost $50 for the 2 of us to see some flick.. Rediculous!

Quarantine was actually the American version of REC so i wouldn't really say it's an attempt for Hollywood (and I really don't want to go into the whole; remaking debate). Actually, interesting enough, the zombies in REC are people possessed by demons.

But, $50 for two people. I hope your not talking about just the tickets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I generally find M. Night's movies to be the epitome of Hollywood funded B movies. His writing is atrocious. It's never anything but transparent and childish, but you can't help but get sucked in when one hits your boob tube. It's classic "lemonade", all the time.

The Sixth Sense was great, though you'd have to be daft to not have seen the ending coming the way it did. Signs was entertaining, but that had more to do with how silly it was, and the characters being so benign throughout the whole thing. The Village was just pure crap through and through... but if it's on... and I don't know why... I'll watch it ?

That one with the fairy tale story, with the wolf and the water maiden.. I don't like it at all and will not watch it ever again. I actually loved Unbreakable. Thought it was M. Knights most mature work, an imagining of what a real super hero's life would be like. The Mark Whalberg one was just plain irritating and dumb.

But the one thing I can say for sure about ANY Knight flick, is that they're never worth going to a theater for. One day when I have the money and I build a house, a home theater is going in. And I don't mean a typical big screen tv.. I mean an actual projector screen and a top of the line theater setup complete with stadium seats. I HATE going to the movies. People are noisy, obnoxious and just inconsiderate.

The idiots at the candy manufacturer's still haven't made packaging that doesn't make noise every time you touch it, either. WTH is up with that ? "CRINKLE CRINKLE CRINKLE MSSHHSHHHH" Really ? And come on... I have to pay $5.00 or more for a freeging 16 oz bottle of WATER ? Water which technically should be free to begin with ? Sure, I'll pay for the packaging of it... but $5.00 ? I just bought a case of Smart Water, which is 12, 1 liter bottles, for that much at BJ's !

So um yeah... I'll wait until it goes DVD unless everybody says that it is a theater MUST SEE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Quarantine was actually the American version of REC so i wouldn't really say it's an attempt for Hollywood (and I really don't want to go into the whole; remaking debate). Actually, interesting enough, the zombies in REC are people possessed by demons.

But, $50 for two people. I hope your not talking about just the tickets.

Haha, I didn't mean to give off the debate-ative vibe! :p .. I knew it was a remake of REC (which I haven't seen, but heard was much better). I was just saying that Devil reminded me of the structure of Quarantine/REC.

And $50 was for 2 tickets, a 32oz soda, a large bag of popcorn, and a bag of Maynard's candy.. Yeah, a joke.

Typical adult-fare for non-3D movies is around $13.50.. 3D Movies cost anywhere between $15-$18 per ticket. Concessions are hugely inflated as well..

On top of that, something about the atmosphere of a theater triggers my anxiety and I get sent into a panic attack.. Same with restaurants like Montana's or AppleBee's, you know, those "classy" places..

OP
T
Reaction score
Typical adult-fare for non-3D movies is around $13.50.. 3D Movies cost anywhere between $15-$18 per ticket. Concessions are hugely inflated as well..

On top of that, something about the atmosphere of a theater triggers my anxiety and I get sent into a panic attack.. Same with restaurants like Montana's or AppleBee's, you know, those "classy" places..

That's not good. I think I know what you mean - some movie theaters are just.....weird; especially the ones at the mall full of tweens.

I sometimes drive 20-30mins away to go to a theater I like to avoid any bad atmospheres. The one with the wine bar and the comfy seats; it's awesome and so relaxing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah.. Malls do it for me too.. I feel so.. Weird when I'm there.. Like I shouldn't be.. I mean, I'm only 24, but I feel like I'm too old to be at a mall.

Which sucks, because that's where my cell phone provider is, so I have to go there if I need to deal with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
More interested in seeing The Town. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.