Using the same Bluetooth device in OS X and Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a BlackBerry and I've installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager on both my OS X and Boot Camp Windows 7 x64 partitions. I have a weird problem with Bluetooth. When I paired my BB to OS X, it worked fine, and I set up the Bluetooth tethering and everything was perfect. Then, I went to set it up in Windows, and found that I had to re-pair it with Windows (though the BlackBerry still recognized the machine as VASSIMLADENOV). When I did that, it worked fine in Windows. When I went back to OS X, it refuses to connect to the BlackBerry - the only solution: re-pair. I have tried to set different names for the Bluetooth under the systems, but I have no idea how to do that; I am especially baffled by the fact that I have set the Bluetooth name in OS X to "Vassi's MacBook Pro" but my BlackBerry still sees it as "VASSIMLADENOV" during pairing. Basically, when it's paired with one OS, the other refuses to connect to it unless it is re-paired. How do I make it so that my BlackBerry works with both OS'es. Please help!

Side note: I have a Magic Mouse and it has never been problematic. I was even able to use it DURING Windows 7's installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.