Mac Mini Dashboard help...

L

lmunz22

Hey. I just got a Mac Mini after PC's failed me one too many times. I really liked, when I went to the Apple Store, the "Drop" effect when I dropped a widget on the desktop. The ripple effect was pure genius. I thought that the feature was ju7st disabled on the store Minis so that they would run faster. I even asked and they didn't know. To my surprise, the ripple effect is not present on my Mini, which is very disappointing. I'm very new to the Mac Community, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
The Mini's graphics chip (GPU) is not capable of producing the "ripple" effect.
For me it's no big deal. besides, it probably gets annoying very quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Daniel said:
For me it's no big deal. besides, it probably gets annoying very quickly.

Actually.... Not trying to be obnoxious or anything... But it gets cooler everytime you see it... Sorry. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
You need at least an ATI Radeon 9600 or nVidia Geforce FX 5200 graphics chip to have CoreImage compatibility (which is needed for that ripple effect).
The mini "only" has an ATI Radeon 9200.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.