OE emails gone after upgrade?

A

adma

Well. I'm sure you can imagine how I feel so I wont assault you with my despair. I'm curious if my searching high and low on my ibook is worth it? I've recently gone from upgrading my osx 10.1 to 10.2. I had kept all of my emails in 9.2. they are now gone. Have they been destroyed? Is there hope?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here are a few questions for you. Did you upgrade from a 9.2 OS to the 10.1 -> 10.2? What I am asking is this. Was the disk at 9.2 and you installed 10.1 then 10.2 on top of it? Or did you wipe the disk clean first?

If you wiped the disk clean then all is lost.

If installed OS X on top of OS 9 then there maybe a chance.

OP
A

adma

!!

rman said:
If installed OS X on top of OS 9 then there maybe a chance.

thank you for your reply! I purchased an ibook last year with 10.1 on it and often ran the 9.2 version that runs within. Today I dropped in the 10.2 upgrade disk that I didnt realize I had in the box. It cleared my user prefs that I had in the original setup in outlook express in 9.2.

I've looked everywhere I could think of to find the "OE user folder" OE tells me to select when trying to import. I cant find anything!

tell me what tricks you know!

cheers and thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I wish I knew :( It's been so long since I've used OS 9 and even longer since I've used Outlook Express :( Can anybody else help adma?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
adma said:
It cleared my user prefs that I had in the original setup in outlook express in 9.2.

I've looked everywhere I could think of to find the "OE user folder" OE tells me to select when trying to import. I cant find anything!

tell me what tricks you know!

cheers and thanks!

Are you saying that it clear out the OE preferences for OE from the system folder? I have not use OE, but is there a OE folder in the documents folder?

OP
A

adma

hihi

rman said:
Are you saying that it clear out the OE preferences for OE from the system folder? I have not use OE, but is there a OE folder in the documents folder?

When I try to import from either 1: an application or 2: a text file I go searching for my old prefs, contacts, or emails. I've only so far found the new OE settings which was in HD-user-me-library-mail. they dont help. nothing seems to work.

I suspect that ive lost it all for good. This will teach me to back up my important info :(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was hoping we missed something, but a last I believe all it lost also. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.