Trouble installing Yoot Tower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
I did some searching but found no clear answer as to what I should do about installing an old game on my OS X. I bought the game Yoot Tower and was excited to play it because it was for Macs. I put the disc in and nothing happens. When I click on the disc it brings up a window with two icons, Readme and Yoot Tower install.sea. When I click on Yoot Tower install.sea I get the familiar open dictionary message, "Unable to read the dictionary of the application or extension because it is not scriptable." This is where I hit a road block. I have no clue how I can install the game and have became quite frustrated. I have stuffit installed but when I try to expand Yoot Tower install.sea I get the message, "The destination folder "/Volumes/Yoot Tower" is on a locked volume. Please select another destination." I'm at the end of my rope. Please explain to me what my options are how I can get this thing to install and run.
Thanks very much!

Reaction score
First, Yoot Tower is a Classic game and won't run without Classic.
Second, are you trying to expand the .sea file on a cd? Won't work, you need to drag it onto your hard drive and expand it there.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
Thanks for the advice! I now have it successfully expanded, but I now get the message, "You can't open the application "Yoot Tower" because the Classic environment is no longer supported," which involves the other part of your last message. Now, my question is how do I get Classic to run on my machine? How difficult is that whole process?
Again, I appreciate your help!

Reaction score
Depends on what machine you have. If it's a newer, Intel Mac, not gonna happen unless you want to try something like Sheepshaver. The Official SheepShaver Home Page
If it's a powerPC, you need to obtain an OS 9 install cd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.