iTunes 10 songs stop playing mid-song

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"MBP 2.53GHz 4GB 10.6 250GB Seagate Hybrid SSD
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else: ever since I upgraded to iTunes 10 songs will sometimes stop playing mid-song. I don't know if it's just my hard drive skipping and it started happening coincidentally after the release of 10 or if it's happening to others too.

Also, it still happens when iTunes 10 is the ONLY app running. I also tried restarting and have even rebuilt my directory with DiskWarrior.

Reaction score
I had the same problem as soon as I upgraded to iTunes 10. Songs would freeze 12 seconds into the track, they would skip like an old lp and iTunes would launch by itself and start playing music even after I quit the program. After much research I gave-in and called apple care. After much deduction, what finally solved the problem was the following:
• quit itunes
• Go to your user finder > library > preferences
Drag the following 3 files to your desktop:
• com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist
• com.apple.iTunes.plist
• com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist

Restart your computer. Restart itunes. Hopefully it solved the problem. You can trash the 3 files you dragged to your desktop.

If it didn't work, trash your itunes folder and reinstall with a clean copy of itunes downloaded from Apple.

Good luck.

PS - I'm on an iMac running 10.6.4

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"MBP 2.53GHz 4GB 10.6 250GB Seagate Hybrid SSD
Thanks for the suggestions. It seems to be running better now :)

Reaction score
interesting. i've been having this with video since upgrading to 10. I dont really play much audio from itunes , i usually just use my iphone for that, but my macbook for video podcasts, etc.

i wonder if it's the same issue. it will just give the spinning beachball for about 10 secs or so and then come back. very annoying. never happened before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.