How to set scheduled power on when running bootcamp.

Reaction score
For a couple years now I've been trying to find a way to have Macs in one of my classrooms power up automatically each day when they have been automatically shutdown at night by Windows. Since the PRAM settings get squashed after the first time this happens by Windows shutting down there is no way to keep them booting by schedule through the Mac scheduled power up settings in the control panel. I was thinking since people know how to deal with EFI and the PRAM when they are creating boot loaders like rEFIt is there anyone that knows how to make an app that can set the PRAM power settings from Windows?

Reaction score
Same problem...

I have the same problem.

I have a Mac Mini, running Windows 7 through Bootcamp.

I'd love to know how to get it to power on at a certain time everyday. I can shutdown Windows easily through Windows' "Task Scheduler", but getting it to power on and startup, well, I'm stuck!

I can set a scheduled "Start up or wake" through Max OSX's "Energy Saver" preference - this will allow the computer to power up, but only if previously shutdown in Mac OSX.

When the computer shuts down in Windows, it won't "Start up or wake". I've done a little Googling, and think this might have something to do with PRAM, but really I have no idea.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.