Home directory mapped, things disappear

Reaction score
Home directory mapped, things disappear - UPDATED

10.5.8 OS on all MACS
login into Active Directoy Windows 2003 Server
Home Directory appears on Dock for all users

However, when I drag info to it, it shows it for a split second and then disappears. So nothing seems to be listed in the home folder. But obviously they have rights to access the folder.

However, when I log onto a Windows PC on our network, the work is visible.

And me as an admin, have complete rights so I can use login and access my directory and save/view everything I need.

Is there a rights/communication issue between the Home directory on our Windows 2003 Server and our MAC machines? These are basic users, students to be exact, and they have full rights to their own Home directory that is mapped to them.

THANKS
D

OP
D
Reaction score
Updated

So I did a little testing... and being a newbie to administering mac's...maybe it really was this simple...

Under Directory Utility > Active Directory > Show Advanced Options > User Experience

There is an option for
> Create mobile account login

does this make sense to anyone that checking this would make a difference? I am still not in complete understanding of the "mobile account login"

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.