Disk Error, then FOLDER WITH QUESTION MARK ISSUE.

Reaction score
NOTE: I have read previous post of "FOLDER WITH QUESTION MARK " and i couldnot get resolution. Also have read apple website but couldnot get issue resolved.

I own a Macbook, working on it from past 3 years, having following specification
---------------------
Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM
HDD: 80GB
OS loaded: 2, Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and Microsoft Windows XP SP2
----------------------

A day before, I was working on my Macbook on Windows. It just hanged at at a moment, i hardbooted it. After that i switched on the machine,
it displayed nothing for some time, and after that it displayed console with message

"Disk Error"
Please press any key to restart.

I tried following options

1. alt key press: It didnot show any disk
2. c. To boot from CD rom, but it didnot boot from there. It AUTOMATICALLY EJECTED THE CD
3. Cmd-opt-p-r, to wash PRAM, but also didnot help
4. cmd-opt-shift-delete, to force boot from CD ROM, but it didnot work. It AUTOMATICALLY EJECTED THE CD

So finally, I went to istore in our area. He told that ur disk crashed. So we replaced it with brand new Mac OS X formatted disk.
BUT Still the issue remains there !!! Now when i boot the system , it remains gray, after some time it displays "FOLDER WITH QUESTION MARK ("?")" icon.

I have tried all the options i tried before, but the issue remains there. IN ALL THE CASES TRIED IT SHOWS FOLDER WITH QUESTION MARK.

WHAT CAN BE THE ISSUE ? Has any SCSI controller damaged? OR it is issue with firmware/software?

Please provide your comments.O:)

Thanks,
Rohit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
When you got it back from the iStore did they test it to make sure it booted before you went home? Did it work for you while you were there?... if you paid them .. I would take it back like right now.

Do you have any other mac's at your disposal for testing purposes?

BTW MacBooks have SATA controlers not SCSI...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.