Apple 20'' dead pixels

D

deadpixel

I bought a Apple 20'' Cinema display only to find out that it had a cluster of dead pixels.

I took it back to the Apple store and they were kind enough to give me a new one. I came home all excited only to find out that the new one has 3 dead pixels!

It's really annoying when you spend over $800 on a brand new LCD display that has dead pixels!

I'm not sure if I take it back if they'll replace it for me.

Anyone else had any pixel problems with Apple Cinema displays? I'm 2 of 2 for getting dead pixels.

*** UPDATE ***
Well, I took the display back to the Apple Store this weekend and they kindly agreed to giving me a new one. This would be the third display. I had them open it at the store and checked it out before I took it home. No dead pixels!!! Yahoo!!!

I would also like to mention that they never charged me the 10% restocking fee.

Thanks to all who replied.

Kevin
xhead software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
take it back! If they replaced it once they'll replace it again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I don't have any cinema displays... but I have several LCD products from Apple and have been around alot of those displays.... I have yet to see a dead pixel. You seem to have bumped into a short streak of bad luck. Take that thing back.

OP
D

deadpixel

sarahsboy18 said:
I don't have any cinema displays... but I have several LCD products from Apple and have been around alot of those displays.... I have yet to see a dead pixel. You seem to have bumped into a short streak of bad luck. Take that thing back.

I have 3 LCD displays from Apple: a 15'' iMac, a 12'' Powerbook, and a 14'' iBook. None of these have any dead pixels.

But for some reason, the 2 Cinema displays I got did have dead pixels. Go figure!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My powerbook had a cluster of stuck pixels at one point, I massaged the area with a moist papertowel, dried it off and when I turned the computer back on it was fine.

no problems with the 17" iMac G5

Reaction score
that's why u don't spend $800 when u can get the exact same panel from dell for only $400 haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
23" Apple HD LCD screen and ZERO BAD PIXELS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
deadpixel said:
I bought a Apple 20'' Cinema display only to find out that it had a cluster of dead pixels.

I took it back to the Apple store and they were kind enough to give me a new one. I came home all excited only to find out that the new one has 3 dead pixels!

It's really annoying when you spend over $800 on a brand new LCD display that has dead pixels!

I'm not sure if I take it back if they'll replace it for me.

Anyone else had any pixel problems with Apple Cinema displays? I'm 2 of 2 for getting dead pixels.

Kevin
xhead software

its because of your name.. lol

OP
I

italiano

Before I bought my 20" Imac - I made em hook it up just to check for the Pixel problems...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.