Help Please...!!! Powerbook can't open many websites

Reaction score
I have powerbook pro with OSX 10.5.8, No matter which browser I use, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, latest versions, I can't open many websites. All of the websites which I CAN open when I switch to my PC and IE8. I've tried turning off iAntivirus, accepting 3rd party cookies etc. nothing seems to work!
For example espn podcasts cant load. Godaddy won't load, many many sites wont load!! What is going on??? help please....

Reaction score
Hey Ana,

When you say you can't open websites, what exactly do you mean? What happens when you try to load a webpage?

OP
A
Reaction score
Can't load sites

For example godaddy will load the title bar, then nothing else, lower left hand corner will say "waiting for img2.wsimg..." then nothing. Podcast will load halfway then get stuck also.

At the moment Paypal can't load either, title bar loads, then "connecting to paypal objects.." wait wait wait, 20 minutes later, still waiting.

I even called Pay Pal cust. service (asia office in singapore, the reply: "pay pal does not work with macs, use a pc ! " I'm serious that's exactly what they told me.

Any ideas? I'm almost ready to dump this thing for whatever I can get.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How is the Power Book connecting to the internet? WiFi? Wired?

Right now I am not sure what is causing your issue but...

I have been using Pay Pal with Macs and OSX since 10.2 and and for 6 years and never once had an issue connecting there, so what they told you is not true at all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
For example godaddy will load the title bar, then nothing else, lower left hand corner will say "waiting for img2.wsimg..." then nothing. Podcast will load halfway then get stuck also.

At the moment Paypal can't load either, title bar loads, then "connecting to paypal objects.." wait wait wait, 20 minutes later, still waiting.

I even called Pay Pal cust. service (asia office in singapore, the reply: "pay pal does not work with macs, use a pc ! " I'm serious that's exactly what they told me.

Any ideas? I'm almost ready to dump this thing for whatever I can get.

I have a theory. If you're using wireless (Airport) maybe you are connected to the wrong wireless router. Perhaps the incorrect router has a weak signal and hence is is slow.
I'm pretty sure the computer is not at fault, something is messing with your internet connection.

Is there another internet connection you can test? Maybe use a cable and plug it directly into the router and turn off the Airport; see if it is still slow.

Reaction score
Same problem

i have the same problem, i think its maybe from godaddy they doesn't support mac users, i use wireless airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I agree with techie justin, seems like a good bet that your powerbook is connecting to the wrong router. Check which one its connected to by clicking the wifi idicator on the top right

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.