Laptop not coming out of sleep

Reaction score
My PowerBook G4 is not coming out of sleep after I shut the lid. Also it does not restart when it shuts down and I try to power back up.

This is what happens:
I close the lid, it enters sleep
Flashing indicator LED flashes
I open the lid, nothing happens
I hit space bar, nothing happens
I hit enter, nothing happens
I hold the power button(5, 10, 15 seconds), nothing happens

I took it to the apple store and he removed the battery, unplugged it, and did a CTRL+Option+Shift+ Power Button restart on it and the laptop worked fine. When I got home and tried to wake it again nothing happened. Do I just leave it on all the time or is there a solution to this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Hate to say it but you may be looking at a new LogicBoard for the PowerBook... I had one last year that would sleep fine and wake up fine... but every time you shut it down compleatly you had to do a ctrl+opt+shift and power button to get it to turn back on ... also there were problmes with the reed switch which casued some of the same symptoms you are explaining..

Have you tried the start up disks? have you tried backing up and reinstalling?

Is this the Aluminum or Titanium model?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Have you tried resetting the SMC? You would be surprised at how many things it can fix? If that fixes it, and the problem comes back, then you might have a bad internal battery(not the actual battery that you charge and use).

OP
B
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the SMC? You would be surprised at how many things it can fix? If that fixes it, and the problem comes back, then you might have a bad internal battery(not the actual battery that you charge and use).

I am not sure what that is. I reset the PMU but dont know what a SMC is, care to fill me in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.