itunes 10 - UI modification (well worth a look)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Damien Erambert | "iTunes 109"

Works on version 10.0 and what it does is brings the itunes UI back in like with version 9. Adds colour to the icons on the left and side and can change the 3 buttons at the top left corner from vertical to horizontal. Pretty much for those who don't like the look if the new itunes 10.

I have just used the modification and it's very easy to use and the results are much better then v10.0's standard UI. It's a matter of preference which UI you like better. But if you like the v9.x UI better then this is the way to have version 10.0 to look like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Damien Erambert | "iTunes 109"

Works on version 10.0 and what it does is brings the itunes UI back in like with version 9. Adds colour to the icons on the left and side and can change the 3 buttons at the top left corner from vertical to horizontal. Pretty much for those who don't like the look if the new itunes 10.

I have just used the modification and it's very easy to use and the results are much better then v10.0's standard UI. It's a matter of preference which UI you like better. But if you like the v9.x UI better then this is the way to have version 10.0 to look like that.

Thanks. I just don't know what Apple was thinking with the UI overhaul. It's hideous, and moving the buttons from horizontal to vertical just flies in the face of OS X's renown consistency in the UI across the board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm having a peculiar problem with iTunes and my firewall since applying that UI patch. Every time I open iTunes, I get a prompt to Allow or Block incoming connections. I actually had this problem when first updating to iTunes 10, but resolved when I deleted it and re-downloaded it off Apple's site. I do have iTunes added as a rule to always allow, but no good. The problem persists until I restore the original iTunes UI. Anyone seen this too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It has something to do with iTunes being a signed application from Apple. All Apple's default apps get signed with a SHA1 key, once you modify something inside that application the sign is broken and the Firewall doesn't see it as safe anymore.
No way around that as far as I can see, I sit behind a router so I can turn the Mac Firewall off if I want to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It has something to do with iTunes being a signed application from Apple. All Apple's default apps get signed with a SHA1 key, once you modify something inside that application the sign is broken and the Firewall doesn't see it as safe anymore.
No way around that as far as I can see, I sit behind a router so I can turn the Mac Firewall off if I want to.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I've already turned my firewall off. I'm behind a router too and normally have it off, but I can't recall why I turned the thing on. Probably just fiddling with things. LOL! Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.