Windows Hard drive not showing up

Reaction score
I am trying to recover data from a mirror from an older PC of mine. I have connected it via USB to my MBP and it is showing up in Disk Utility but I cant repair it and it is showing it as not mounted. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover this data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Is the Windows drive NTFS (may have answered my own question) fromm a mirrored set.. I take it it was a software mirror...

If so you will need some software to read NTFS... start with Mac Fuse... and go from there..

OP
R
Reaction score
HI, you are right, it is NTFS from a mirrored drive but I have mac fuse and it is still not reading it. I am currently trying to scan it using FileRecovery 2010 and I was going to have a go with Stellar Phoenix but these are all demos and I dont really want to buy these programs as they are kinda pricy. Does anyone know any useful freeware or other ways around this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5 2005. 6.5 GB Ram, OS X 10.5.8. Macbook 2.4 GHz core 2 Duo, 2 GB, OS X 10.5.8
when i moved a windows HD over to my MAC i had the same problem. i contacted the manufacturers directly and they talked me through reformatting it to be MAC compatable. dunno if your manufacturers will help but worth a try.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
HI, you are right, it is NTFS from a mirrored drive but I have mac fuse and it is still not reading it. I am currently trying to scan it using FileRecovery 2010 and I was going to have a go with Stellar Phoenix but these are all demos and I dont really want to buy these programs as they are kinda pricy. Does anyone know any useful freeware or other ways around this issue?

If you stay on the PC side and try to recover your data that way, there are plenty of recovery programs that are free. I use the free "Recuva".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.