Mail and iPhone unwanted messages

Reaction score
I'm having a problem that I can't seem to work out, I've started getting about 15 junk mail messages per day that I don't want and I can't seem to stop them. Suggestions in online forums involved setting up Rules in Preferences to delete specific addresses when they are received. This seems to be working but only on my Mail Application - these rules don't seem to be syncing with my iPhone. This basically means that when I get my emails on my iPhone I still get the unwanted junk. If I leave my computer on and Mail open then the unwanted messages get deleted before they get to the iPhone but if I turn my computer off at night I wake up to 15-20 junk mail messages on my phone.
I cannot work this out for the life of me and any help would be much appreciated. I obviously pay for the Mac email service and at present I think I'd get less junk with Hotmail which isn't a great endorsement.
Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.