Brightness doesn't work!

Reaction score
Hi!
My brightness/lightness is always at the lowest point, and I can't change it, it goes up according to the little circle on the screen, but the light doesn´t change, except when it's should go from the bottom the first "step", then the light turns on and of again after a second. I hope this makes sense.. :)
I was not sure if this was a software or a hardware problem, so i posted it here. I really hope somebody can help me, since I just started school and really need my computer..

Best regards
Pall Axel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Have you tried starting up with the start up disks and seeing if there is any difference in the back light? What type of unit are you working with iBook, PowerBook, MacBook?

OP
P
Reaction score
I'm working on a MacBook.. I dont have the CD it was stolen among the rest of my CD collection.. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Doh!!! A lot of trouble shooting can only be done offline with the start up disks... I have not done it yet but I think apple still sells the SnowLeopard disk for 30$ usd.. that may be your cheapest and best option seeing that you have the intel MacBook... I would assume that it would alow you to boot to it and would have the disk utilities on it as well.

You could try reseting smc... but not sure if that will help you out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.