Macbook Trackpad Dragging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I have a 13" Aluminium Macbook, the one before it was called the pro.

After about 10-15 mins of use mouse is always in drag mode if that makes sense. Its not physically stuck down and I'm pretty sure its not a hardware fault as restarting the laptop fixes it. Its really annoying, any idea whats wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
I am sure you have already tried this but have you gone in to System Preferences and Trackpad .. and uncheked the Dragging and or the Drag Lock?

OP
eddielee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup I have, that unfortunately makes no difference :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Sorry ... now you have me at a losse ... Hopefully some one else can help out... with out haveing to try a full reinstall.

There is no dirt build up on your track pad?

OP
eddielee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have cleaned it with alcohol wipes and have had a good look and im 99% sure its not hardware. It may have started after the last firmware update, the one added the new scrolling thing.

Thats for your help, hope someone can sort it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.