Parallels 5 & Windows 7

Reaction score
After a recent update to Parallels 5, Windows 7 started operating strangely. I keep being informed that the version of Windows 7 I have may be counterfeit, despite the fact that it is fully paid and bona fide. Warning notices keep coming up about every ten minutes but 7 still operates.

How can I fix this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Have you activated your version of Windows 7?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
If you have recently updated Parallels Win 7 may have detected a major change in the computer (i.e. hardware change) enventhough nothing has changed but the software. try re-registering/activating and see if that works.. Let us know how it went.

Reaction score
like csegeek said, it probably just detected a major change. If the online activation doesn't work just activate by phone and call in with the number they will give you. You'll have to type in some random numbers/letters to activate it. I've had to do that a few times, its nothing to worry about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.