MacBook Pro External Keyboard Issue

Reaction score
I have recently begun using an external monitor for my MacBook Pro (Discrete, 15'', 2006 version, picture at File:MacBook Pro situated on a wooden table.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and also the Apple Wireless keyboard.

My MacBook Pro is about 2 feet from the Bluetooth Keyboard. When I type on the keyboard, I often get a very slow response to the computer, and will get letters typed numerous times when I only type them once. For instance, if I typed Apple, it would show Aaaaaaaappppppllllllllleeeeee. I'm not exaggerating.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I really do need the laptop hooked up the way it is but perhaps Bluetooth is not the way to go in this instance?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
I can't say I've had that issue with my keyboard, however when I have had problems with my bluetooth keyboard I've found that the following helps:
1) Fresh batteries are alway worth a shot
2) Unpair and repair the keyboard and laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.