Windows Switching & Utility Feedback

Reaction score
As always, I apologize in advance if this was asked elsewhere, I did search for a thread on it with no luck... I also figured I'd throw a second question out there to get some feedback on a piece of software..

Firstly... I know there are some preference panes out there (like Witch) that will give an Alt-Tab-like usage for Option-Tab, in order to actually be able to cycle through each individual window, rather than simply Alt-Tab'ing through the programs. I didn't know if there were any others besides Witch I could look into. I figure before dropping any cash, I should know my options, and the opinions of the various options.

Secondly, I was doing some reading on CleanMyMac, and when I ran the utility, it said it could clean up a few GB of my hard drive. It's a smaller HD on my laptop, so freeing up space is something I'm interested in doing before investing in a new HD and reinstalling the OS and such. CMM said it could uninstall the UBs of software that didn't need them, and I'll admit, I'm wary of just doing it without seeing exactly what that means, and if it'll work in the long run, so I figure I'll seek help from those I choose to aspire to eventually be able to stand aside in the "knowing" department.

Thanks, in advance, to everyone who reads/offers up advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
As always, I apologize in advance if this was asked elsewhere, I did search for a thread on it with no luck... I also figured I'd throw a second question out there to get some feedback on a piece of software..

Firstly... I know there are some preference panes out there (like Witch) that will give an Alt-Tab-like usage for Option-Tab, in order to actually be able to cycle through each individual window, rather than simply Alt-Tab'ing through the programs. I didn't know if there were any others besides Witch I could look into. I figure before dropping any cash, I should know my options, and the opinions of the various options.

To cycle through open apps, you use CMD-TAB. To cycle through open windows of a given app, you use CMD-~. To cycle through ALL open windows, use CTRL-F4. No need to use 3rd-party software. You can change that key combo in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text Input.

Secondly, I was doing some reading on CleanMyMac, and when I ran the utility, it said it could clean up a few GB of my hard drive. It's a smaller HD on my laptop, so freeing up space is something I'm interested in doing before investing in a new HD and reinstalling the OS and such. CMM said it could uninstall the UBs of software that didn't need them, and I'll admit, I'm wary of just doing it without seeing exactly what that means, and if it'll work in the long run, so I figure I'll seek help from those I choose to aspire to eventually be able to stand aside in the "knowing" department.

Well many apps will run fine if you strip out the PPC code, but there are quite a few that won't. Quite frankly, you won't save a considerable amount of space doing this. Not enough to make the difference between keeping your drive and getting a larger one. I've tried out CleanMyMac in the past, and quite frankly am unimpressed. There are better tools for less money. I actually highly recommend TinkerTool System. It has a couple tools that I've not seen elsewhere, or at least are not actively maintained elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.