Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Earlier I was going to a website and I accidentally spelled it wrong so it took me to the ad page like usual, well this time my screen turned blue for like a second and then went back but my desktop remained blue and now every time I use my isight my desktop turns blue. Is there anyone that can help me figure out why this happens?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What kind of Mac? Version of OS X? Are you up to date?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.

OP
C
Reaction score
In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.

It didn't work :\. I did it in both safari and firefox because I used both.

OP
C
Reaction score
I just found out imovie, iphoto, and garageband also makes my desktop turn blue. My desktop picture comes back but after 20 minutes or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?

OP
C
Reaction score
andranic activated

Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?

Honestly I don't know what that is, sorry I'm new to macs I've only been using it for 3 months. How do I find out how to do it?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.

OP
C
Reaction score
Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.

I did all of that it said permissions repaired and then I opened photobooth and it did it again

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Make the blue screen issue happen again and then hit COMMAND+SHIFT+3. Those 3 keys will cause OS X to grab a screenshot of the screen and save it to your desktop. Then share that file with us (as an attachment) and let's see if we can help further..

Regards

OP
C
Reaction score
I ended up getting it fixed. I reinstalled the OS X. Thanks so much for your help though I really appreciated it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.