how do i seperate a music file?

Reaction score
I have download a speech but the whole speech is about and hour and in itunes it shows this as one track, but i would like to seperate it into several tracks so that i can burn the file and skip it to the track that I want. Is there any way of doing this?

C

chas_m

Thought I'm not a fan of it, for a one-time job like this you could use Audacity to mark the "chapters" and thus split the file into separate audio files. It's free and will do the job.

If you're going to work with audio regularly, I'd suggest investing $40 into Amadeus Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 Gig Processor, 2 MB Ram, 160 HD, 120 Ext HD
I have download a speech but the whole speech is about and hour and in itunes it shows this as one track, but i would like to seperate it into several tracks so that i can burn the file and skip it to the track that I want. Is there any way of doing this?

I believe Garageband can assist you with this.
Try importing the file to a New project in GB, and then click on the 'scissor' icon in the lower left hand corner. You'll see an expanded view of the file and you could then split the length of the file to different tracks based on the cues you'd prefer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.