Modem Huawei E1820

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I am a newby of mac and I am mostly satisfied with this computer. I had no troubles with it until I have bought a modem Huawei E1820 and installed the software "Stay connected" of my internet provider. The computer recognizes the modem and allows me to connect to internet, but sometimes the modem unplugs itself or the connection program frozes and i have to force the quit of the program. Sometimes i have also to restart to computer but during the shutdown the computer freezes and i have to force the shutdown with the button.

Is there something that i can do? I guess the program "Stay connected" is not good, but is there an alternative?

thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of connection do you have? A broadband (cable or DSL) should by default be connected at all times. Why do you need a program to stay connected?

OP
A
Reaction score
no cable. This is a mobile connection. I do not know if the modem need a program to communicate with it or just to set all the connection parameters.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for posting back the solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.