Syncing 2 iPhones, 2 computers

Reaction score
I have 2 iPhones: 3G (iOS 3.1.3, JB) and iP4 (iOS 4.02).
I have 2 computers: MacBook and Windows PC.
I have 1 iTunes account.

I just resurrected my 3G from a water bath and am using it as an iTouch for the kids. I would like to move their music over to the 3G and remove the videos to free up space.

I plug in the 3G into iTunes (windows) and make the necessary changes. I hit sync and get this message:

"The iPhone "iPhone" is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?"

I've only made changes in music and video. Does this message mean that it will erase "everything" (including the kids' JB apps) or just the existing music and video? I'm OK with the music and video as those are the changes I want. I'm not OK with the apps since there are a lot!

Oh, I did have the presence of mind to name the iP4 as "iPhone4" in iTunes when I set up it. So it does recognize the different phones.

So what does iTunes mean??

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The iPhones are, for some reason, restricted to syncing with only 1 machine/account at a time. Basically, it will erase everything from the other machine and attach the phone to the one it syncing to.

If there's a way around this I don't know what it is...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.