Is my MacBook done for?

Reaction score
I have a white MacBook that I got in 2007 running 10.6. The other day, I shut it down for the last time apparently, as now when I press the power button, nothing turns on except for the CD drive and the power light. The screen and keyboard do not work (no caps or num lock lights), so I assume the trackpad/trackpad button doesn't work either. I can't hear anything turn on inside either, no hdd or fans.

So needless to say, my attempts to do anything related to holding down a key combo during bootup don't work. I've tried a couple different hard drives too, each to no avail.

I've searched the forums, but it seems most people with a "blank screen boot up" problem can still at least boot from a CD, reset PRAM, hold down the mouse button to remove a disc, etc. My computer doesn't even get this far.

So, is my macbook done for or is there a fix for this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Remove the battery. Then, attached the power adapter and attempt to power on. Any difference?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Do you hear any sounds from the machine when you press the power button and the sleep light illuminates?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.