Problem with installing Windows 7 using Boot camp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all let me mention that I already installed windows 7 (using the same copy) on two different macs using bootcamp and it worked fine.
But it's not working with my new 15 inch macbook pro (2.4 GHz intel core i5, 4 gb ram), I worked my *** off to get this computer and I'd really like it to work.

After doing everything and installing windows I get to the welcome to windows 7 window, where I can choose my location, username, password etc, but then as soon as the computer is about to actually enter the start screen the computer restarts, it happens every time I want to go to windows 7, even if I choose it manually by clicking the alt button during the grey screen. I tried re-installing it numerous times, and each time I chose different versions (x64, x86).

Like I said, I used the same copy of windows 7 on two of my friend's computers (13 inch macbook pros) and it worked fine.

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows 7 is only to be installed on one machine, unless you have purchased the Windows 7 family pack (sold on Amazon for $320.00). The Microsoft EULA is specific about this. We do not condone illegal activities in these forums nor do we discuss them. Sorry, you'll get no help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.