Disk Partition won't boot

Reaction score
I recently removed a couple of system files, (I was trying to remove start gpg-agent and all its associated files)

I can't boot into my leopard disk. it goes to desktop, loads the dock, and then spinning wheel and to blue screen. it repeats this cycle endlessly. the only way to get out is holding the power button down.

fortunately i have snow leopard installed on another partition.

i've already run disk utitily. it says leopard disk is verified but it cannot unmount the disk to repair it. i don't know if repair will help since there are missing system files.

the files i removed are still in the trash--i haven't deleted them. but i can't seem to see them in the trash folder after i made all hidden files visible.

just want to know what to do next if anything before i wipe the partition and reinstall.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you have rebooted, the trash will have emptied. Suggest the best way to go is an erase and clean install. If you are using Snow Leopard, your post does not detail model and OS details sadly, just try boot from the install disc and see if you can just install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.