Dodgy website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Ok guys, So I wanted to watch the football today on the internet.

I clicked a link for the football/soccer (as I do pretty regular). Links are usually always different.

It must have been a flashed based video as today when I clicked the video a flash box popped up with the following box.

Adobe - Flash Player : Help - Peer-Assisted Networking Pop-Up Question

I selected yes (as it was the only way I could continue to watch the video). I could then watch the football BUT it was a rubbish stream so I canceled out of it.

One of the guys on the football forum the link was posted on said that when he clicked it his antivirus went haywire & he suggested no one should click to allow the "peer assisted networking".

What I want to know is, could my mac have picked anything up from this site? :Blushing:

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
no, any malware would require you to give your admin user name and password to install - you cannot be infected silently.

have you got a URL to the site, it may just need you to install flash, and or sliverlight

OP
weemax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Hi m8, thanks for the help. It was for the Arsenal/Bolton game today. I have flash & siliverlight both installed. I have watched Premier League football (can I mention these streams are, a, ahem...) before many times BUT this is the first time the above flash question has popped up. I'm not sure If I can post the link. It doesnt appear to be working anymore anyway. It is from ADTHE.net. I think its just a site were people stream events that people (like me) can watch?

Its just when another guy said his AV went ape when he clicked it got me thinking...

The adobe site says:

What happens if I select Allow?

If you select Allow, the application is granted access to the other site and continues to access it until you close the application. It is possible that the application could access unauthorized information from [site2], though this is unlikely. There are two things you can look for before selecting Allow:

* Do you recognize and trust the person or company ([site1]) that is trying to access the other site? For example, if [site1] is a well-known website that you use frequently and trust, it is probably safe to allow access.
* Do [site1] and [site2] belong to the same domain? For example, if server1.adobe.com is trying to access server2.adobe.com, you can see that both server1 and server2 are part of the Adobe.com domain, and it is probably safe to allow access.

Does than mean anything I wonder? I'm daft I know.

I wonder since I allowed this connection, would it have given the person on the other end access to my mac? I just don't have a clue so sorry for being a total noob.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.