i5 MB Pro bootcamp wireless problems

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am not sure if this is supposed to go here or the software forum, but...

I have a brand new 15" MB Pro with a 2.4ghz i5 processor in it, the whole shabang.

I bootcamped it, and got windows 7 running perfectly on it, however it seems like the wireless device is really crappy on the windows side.

Anyways, on my old desktop with xp and core 2 duo and nvidia 7600gt, i was able to play Counterstrike no problems, with 100 fps. On my new MB Pro on bootcamp, it feels like Counterstrike lags out every 3 seconds. Then it is great for 3 seconds with 100 fps, then lags out again for like 10 seconds.

I am pretty sure this is an issue with the wireless device or wireless drivers, because i was running cs wirelessly on my old desktop as well with little to few lagouts.

I have tried updated the drivers on windows side, but it always says they are up to date. Even when i am just browsing the web or something on the windows side the wireless lags out, and I am sitting 2 feet away from the router.

On my mac side, I have not lagged out once, and everything runs perfectly smoothly. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Couple of things to try: If you haven't already done so, download the BC 3.1 update from the Apple site. Install it from within Win 7 and see if it makes a difference. The other suggestion I have is you might take a look on the nVidia site for updated drivers for your graphics card. I don't think your bottle neck with the game is necessarily being caused by wireless. Try updating the video drivers if possible. Let's see what happens.

OP
T
Reaction score
Couple of things to try: If you haven't already done so, download the BC 3.1 update from the Apple site. Install it from within Win 7 and see if it makes a difference. The other suggestion I have is you might take a look on the nVidia site for updated drivers for your graphics card. I don't think your bottle neck with the game is necessarily being caused by wireless. Try updating the video drivers if possible. Let's see what happens.

Hey man,

I had bootcamp 3.1 installed already, either way i downloaded the most recent one from apple.com and it told me that the one i had was newer.

As for video drivers, I did update my nvidia driver and I am now running the latest version.

However, I was still getting the internet issue.

So i tried disabling the wireless adapter and directly connecting the internet, however remarkably the issue was still happening. I was getting a full 100 fps, however every 5 seconds or so i would get a "Connection Problem" and it would freeze up for 10 seconds.

I created a private server on my own computer, and it ran smooth and fine for 10 minutes, i was playing around.

So maybe it is a problem with the game itself and the way it treats packets and such.

OP
T
Reaction score
I FINALLY got it working after hours and hours of trying.

Here are the two things that i did:
1. I downgraded my wireless driver card to an older version. Doing this alone however did not fix my issue, but it did make the wireless run a little bit nicer.
Apple - Support - Discussions - I cant play STEAM games in Win7! ...

2. This was the big fixer. For some reason, audiodg.exe would flare up as soon as cs started and would eat up almost all of the cpu. This would then cause the game to freeze, and apparently display a "Connection Problem".
Apple - Support - Discussions - A wireless issue I have not been able ...

So far, I have been playing for about 15 mintues and having no problems. And that may not seem like much, but when i have never been able to play for more than 15 seconds without it lagging, this is great.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. Sounds like you were determined and did some good trouble shooting and digging around for the resolution. :D Have fun and don't be a stranger here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.