Wondering if we wasted money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MacBook Pro. My First Mac, just got it in May
Really hoped the ipad would be a great resource for my wife. Right now it is just a bunch of frustrations. Well, that may be melodrama, but for some reason it shows a wireless signal, but when you try to go to the internet...it says it is not connected. I realize this is probably a user error, but it is really frustrating. My ipod touch does better at this point. Help!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you logged in to the wireless network in question?

You're not giving us much to go on here.

Edit: ditto below, and a trip to the Apple store is always sort of fun anyway.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Really hoped the ipad would be a great resource for my wife. Right now it is just a bunch of frustrations. Well, that may be melodrama, but for some reason it shows a wireless signal, but when you try to go to the internet...it says it is not connected. I realize this is probably a user error, but it is really frustrating. My ipod touch does better at this point. Help!

Go to your nearest Apple Store & let them look at it. If your iPad has no problems connecting to the internet when at the Apple Store...then as you suggest..."user error" is probably the issue when you're at home.;)

If your iPod Touch has no problems at home...then the iPad should be fine as well. There is always the possibility that the iPad has a real problem...which again would be best to have the Apple Store look at it.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.