iPhone camera, no HDR or zoom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac and powerbook
Just got my new iPhone. I don't see the "HDR" tab or "Zoom" slider in the camera viewer. Tried going through the manual and no help there. Help please.

Rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Just got my new iPhone. I don't see the "HDR" tab or "Zoom" slider in the camera viewer. Tried going through the manual and no help there. Help please.

The zoom slider is there, it just isn't visible when you load the camera app. You have to tap the screen and it will show up at the bottom.

As for the HDR, yes you have to update to 4.1. Your phone likely shipped with 4.02.

Reaction score
The zoom slider is there, it just isn't visible when you load the camera app. You have to tap the screen and it will show up at the bottom.

I have been having fun with the HDR for the last few days. But not until your post did i know it had Zoom! Ha! Anyways, i do question the practicality of the zoom, is it any better than just zooming in later in photoshop?
thanks for the tip!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.