Languages in Office 2008

Reaction score
I have been using a colleagues Office 2008 for Mac in an attempt to decide whether I want to purchase it or not.

Does anyone know what languages are available on the CD?

I live in Denmark, but I prefer to have the UI in English. I have just discovered that one cannot change the UI languages as in other programs.

So, if I buy the Office package in the UK or US I have an English UI, however what about the language spelling options? I require a Danish spell checker. Is this available even on a US/UK version?

The Windows package only has selected language options and requires the user to purchase another language package.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to the documentation that comes with Office 2008 and the extensive help files, spelling, thesaurus, and hyphenation (no grammar) for the Danish language is included. I'm using the US English version which basically is the same as that for the UK except for the spelling dictionary.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find it on the MS Office 2008 website.

Nice picture, by the way. Used to fly quite a bit a few years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.