• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Saturday 9/11 is a Flag Day USA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
As a reminder for those who choose not to fly Old Glory every day... tomorrow is Patriot Day in the USA. It's a half-staff day as well. God bless.

Patriot Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0831061449_M_firefighters_raise_flag.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My school has a mini 9/11 memorial every year where we plant about a thousand flags out on the quad.

photo.jpg

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
My school has a mini 9/11 memorial every year where we plant about a thousand flags out on the quad.

Oh that looks neat. Not sure what my school does for flag day if anything...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yea, it really looks great, the entire lawn covered in mini flags is very inspiring.

C

chas_m

I hate to be pedantic, but in point of fact Flag Day in the US is June 14th.

Nor is there a real holiday called "Patriot Day." If there were, it would be on July 4th.

September the 11th is not a legal holiday, it's just a day Americans (and many others around the world) look back on the attacks of that day and memorialize those killed or who otherwise died in heroic service during those attacks.

Let's not trivialize it by confusing it with real holidays that already exist like Flag Day. It should be a day to mourn those who perished and redouble our efforts to bring about world peace and justice -- the natural cure for terrorism.

OP
XJ-linux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It is "A" Flag Day. There are many. Read more. It is also a "real" holiday by a resolution of Congress. Because you don't get a day off work, doesn't change that. It has nothing to do with peace and understanding, but rather remberance of our murdered. July 4th is Independence Day commemorating the struggle that was to birth my nation. That has nothing to do with the Saudi Muslim terrorists that killed almost 3000 either. Read more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.