ipod touch wont play songs after update to ios 4.0.2

Reaction score
I have an older ipod touch (Model MB528LL) and the other night i updated itunes on my PC to the latest version and then connected my ipod. Itunes prompted me to upgrade the ipod os to ios 4.0.2. the ipod had its original software version on it before this (i had never updated the ipod before).

SO the update seemed to install correctly and all was fine. but when i tried to play my music i noticed a problem. more often than not, the song would not play.

when this happens - the play button comes up, as if its paused. so you have to press play again even though when you got to the song it was already playing. so you push play again. t goes to pause symbol...then back to play symbol, but never plays at all.

Then if you actually get it to play a song, it goes "doo doo doo"... a little sound, and bumps you right OUT of that song and picks some other random song - so it doesn't play anything normally at all.

I tried doing a hard reset (pressing and holding the home and lock buttons until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears.)e this didn't help at all.

can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've had the same happen on my iPhone a couple of times and always after a sync, but not an update. Think what I did was to hook up to iTunes (I use manually manage on my phone), deleted the offending songs and then resynced them.

OP
B
Reaction score
172-3, argood

well i think i solved the problem - i decided to wipe the phone and set it up from scratch - so i set it into recovery mode and as it turned out there was another new version of ios out (the one that has game center) so it installed that. when that was all done and i re-synced the music, everything seemed to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.