Weird Entourage happenings

Reaction score
I've not seen this posted previously so forgive me if I didn't go back far enough.

Lately, I've been getting "undeliverable" notices from e-mail addresses I've never sent anything to.

I got four of them just today from [email protected] (all four of them) and they all said the same thing:

Reporting-MTA: dns;hm3550-15.locaweb.com.br
X-PowerMTA-VirtualMTA: lw_filtro_rcpt_m
Received-From-MTA: dns;hm3561.locaweb.com.br (10.20.54.12)
Arrival-Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:24:44 -0300

Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns;b.mx.mail.yahoo.com (74.6.136.65)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([email protected]) [0] - mta1002.mail.sk1.yahoo.com
X-PowerMTA-BounceCategory: bad-mailbox

(the "mellow_yelow" e-mail address is different in each of the four I got today).

the others were:
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] and

I checked "Sent" file and nothing has been sent except the ones I know I send. And this is about the 2nd or 3rd time I've gotten multiple "undeliverables" of e-mails I've never sent.

ANY thoughts at all? I tried looking "locaweb" up on Bing and on Google and don't seem to find anything there.

It's really bothersome.

Reaction score
Same Issue

I had the same thing happen, as if some evil spammer commandeered my email in the middle of the night. Have you heard any more about what's causing this, how to fix it, and how to avoid it in the future?

It's very unsettling.

OP
G
Reaction score
No I haven't. And you're the first one in here to respond to my post.

I have searched the knowledge base at Apple to no avail. This was almost my last hope... although I do believe Microsoft has an Entourage forum/knowledge base somewhere. I'm going to try there next.

Thanks for responding.

Reaction score
same email received here

We have received the same type of emails here but not to entourage. We are using email addresses from our internet provider so this can't be just a problem with entourage.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, Hoffman. I'm using an address from my ISP, too. I wonder if the apple mail app has the same issue. I haven't opened that in month.

I did report it to Entourage online support, though: I'll let you guys know what they say (or if they say anything).

Thanks for the response.

OP
G
Reaction score
Not quite sure what's up with Entourage support ... they "promise" a response in 24 hours ... that was about 96 hours ago. <shrug> Must be a bad hair day... either that or we've stumped the experts.

OP
G
Reaction score
It appears everyone is. The odd "sends" have stopped, and I found several items in my "trash" that related to Entourage but, of course, could not open them because they were in the trash AND did not want to re-post the to the system. Nothing further since I sent that note to Entourage (and here).

Hmmm ... interesting, though, that they stopped once I started inquiring.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.