Weird upload behavior

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Pro, Intel i5 2.53 GHz, 15" Hi-res antiglare screen, 500 GB HD.
I went to upload files to Google Docs today, and noticed that when I click the "Upload" button the little window that pops up is opened to my root directory. Generally when I click "upload" in a web browser the window that comes up is opened to whatever folder I last uploaded from, which in my case is always Desktop.

I've tried uploading several files from Desktop, but no matter what I do when I click "Upload" it goes back to my root directory. This happened suddenly for no apparent reason whatsoever and is EXTREMELY frustrating. I've tried several different sites and had the same problem (to be expected, since this is clearly an OS issue, but I figured I'd try anyway).

Has anyone had this problem? Any idea how I can fix it? I've tried searching around Google for this but it's hard to describe the problem in a query and I'm not getting anything relevant.

Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.