iChat help

Reaction score
Hey guys my friend is having dificulties with iChat mainly video chat lags and eventually stops after like 10 seconds or more. I tried helping her out by checking out her connection speed it was 18.60mb/s for download speed and 0.49 mb/s for upload. If that doesn't help then sorry for thinking it did. Besides that i told her to go to iChat preferences and to go to the audio/video icon and told her to set bandwidth limit to none. She told me she thought it was set to a certain amount before idk if that would help or not. Also i asked her if she had a password on her router and if she was sharing the connection. She said yes she has a password on it and only shared a connection with her mom when she gets on her own computer but not at the same time that day.
If there are any other things i can do to help her let me know.
She has the late 09 macbook before the new one that just came out running snow leopard. I told her to reset her computer but i dont think she wants to do that just yet. She is also taking it tomorrow to get it checked out but i wanted to check real quick if you guys could help me out before accompanying her.
Yeah im lazy lol but im still going with her just in case if it doesn't work out
Sorry for the life story rant thanks for checking.
"What is this... A center for ants!"-zoolander awesome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.