Does anyone know how to get games on gamecenter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I just updated to the iOS 4.1 yesterday, and have found GameCenter to be quite useless. I watched the 1.5 hour long Keynote presentation from Sep. 1st, but can't figure out how to get games onto it. When I click on "Find Game Center Games" button in the "Games" section of the app, it just brings me to Apple's website on a page that talks about what Game Center is. I haven't been able to find anywhere how to get games into it. Do you have to delete and re-install the games for them to pop up in there? I don't get it. Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
You have to go into the App store. There's a new section under Featured called "game center" those are the current games that are supported under game center. It's up to the developers to implement game center support for their games. More are added daily so it'll grow fast.

I know a few updates are on the way for many popular games. I have been playing the snot out of Super Mega Worm - I absolutely love it. I got it on sale for $0.99 totally worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
do you always need to be online to play game center games or just to set up your e-mail account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No, you can play any of the games without being connected, as long as you can download them without being connected?????, but you're stats won't be updated to game center to be shared.
Basically being offline doesn't affect the playability of any of the games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
If your looking for a good Game Center game, Fruit Ninja is extremely fun. You can challenge your friends on the Game Center. Have fun. Game Center is just a app where you can look at your stats and your friends can you look at your stats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
ok...i have a related question since we are on that...i too found gamecentre quite useless so far since all i can see are my stats/scores against a few friends that i managed to add so far....but is there some kind of game centre community? where do u find others using it?

& on the apple page it did mention challenging people etc using a feature called auto - match (Apple - Game Center - Social gaming on iPod touch and iPhone) its at the end on the page.

but i cannot see anything about auto match on my game centre...are only a few games compatible with this? is that why i dont see it?
i am pretty confused since at the moment game centre really doesnt seem to do much...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No, Game Center doesn't do much, but some games insist you link to it for stats.
I wouldn't bother with it otherwise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Games are being added to the Game Center daily. I think that there is a category in the App Store for Game Center games, and I think that the social aspect of the Game Center is to challenge your friends/play them in games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.