SELF HOST iWeb Created Site Using Apache

Reaction score
I used iWeb to create a one page site and followed all the available instructions to publish it to a folder on my Mac. however, I cannot get it to be seen by Apache on the same Mac to be viewed from outside my network. My SecuritySpy server works great from anywhere but all I get when I go to my domain (without the :8000) is the "Installed and Running" splash screen from Apache.
According to the documentation, Apache looks for "index" as the home/startup page of the site while iWeb publishes as "Welcome". I have, I think< tried every combination of name and location available to no avail.

I went through three Geniuses at the Barton Creek Apple Store and the first one barely knew what I was talking about but another one struck up a conversation as I was leaving "Did you find everything you needed?" opened the door. He was helpful and though he dod not have the answer he got someone from the business unit that knew Apache, loved using terminal (which scares the **** out of me) and was helpful though he could not take the time to solve it he got me on the right track (this one)
Apparently, If I don't require even more software, I just need to edit the Apache config. file to point to the location of the site's index or so it would seem.
Apple acts like this is child's play. (Up and online in minutes) and it should be. Yes, you can use MobileMe to host the thing but you give up some benefits and control that way, besides rising Apple's hit record on google. The problem I think as to why Apple is no real help is - Follow The Money-
Any help is appreciated. Riley

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.