Memory and Battery question!!!

Reaction score
Ok I want to upgrade my memory to 500gb but want most of the settings that I had on my computer to be saved. Like my adium friends lists nicknames and and alot of photoshop settings. Do i just save the folders in time machines?
Also can you transfer applications in time machine to the new memory if I save the folders of the applications and plists?

I really need to upgrade my macbook pro to 4gb ram and 500gb rpm for running software. Also can I just buy a battery from ebay or should I get it from apple I dunno what works best cause mine only carries 1hr of battery life fully charged!

Thank you for all your help in advance, you guys are the best!!!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok I want to upgrade my memory to 500gb but want most of the settings that I had on my computer to be saved.

Also can you transfer applications in time machine to the new memory if I save the folders of the applications and plists?

Please don't call hard drive storage space "memory"! Hard drives "store" files, application, and data...it is not memory. Ram is memory.

I really need to upgrade my macbook pro to 4gb ram and 500gb rpm for running software.

..."500gb rpm"...again...totally confusing!

Also can I just buy a battery from ebay or should I get it from apple I dunno what works best cause mine only carries 1hr of battery life fully charged!

You can purchase a new battery from either e-Bay or Apple. But be aware that folks have had more problems with "e-Bay batteries" than batteries purchased from Apple.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
I meant 500gb HD 7200rpm. Just need someone to answer the time machine question!! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just make sure that you have not excluded anything from the Time Machine backup and all your correspondents and photoshop settings will be saved. After installing the new hard drive and memory, you can restore them from your Time Machine backup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
If you want to buy a new 500GB hard drive and swap it for the one you have currently, you need to clone your existing drive onto your new one first, use Superduper or Carbon Copy Cloner (both free), they will transfer EVERYTHING to your new drive, make it an exact duplicate of your current Mac. Then just swap the drives over.

Mit

Reaction score
Hi
I'm having my Macbook for about four year (second hand). It appears that the battery is not charging (battery shows an X when I plugged in, LED is not flashing).
I'm not sure whether the battery is not charging or the power adapter is not working. I appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Truc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.