Computer to TV issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Hey guys,
I bought a Macbook Pro off of CL with the sole intention to connect it to my TV and leave it there. It's a 2007 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 duo with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT card. Here's the issue: I bought a DVI->HDMI chord but when I plug it into the tv it outputs this picture that highly saturated and extremely green.

Is the graphics card bad? If so, why does it output to the LCD perfectly? Or is it the chord? I didn't have much time to play with it and have been racking my brain all morning trying to figure it out at work lol. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
It is most probably the cable. I'd try another one, and if it works fine, then you know where the problem is. But I guarantee you it's not the graphics card.

OP
walkum13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
It was the cable. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.